Construction activity for the week included;
- Earthworks at Powerlink substation bench now complete, with final proof rolling of capping layer.
- Site Access Road. Road up the hill is now open to be used for access. Base material being placed for final profiling.
- 7 of 53 foundations poured. Excavation and preparation of foundations continuing. Backfilling of pour foundations to commence this week.
- Continuation of earthworks for turbine access roads; approximately 48% of clearance works complete.
- Works commenced on wind farm substation bench.
- Work continuing on intersection upgrade work at Kippen Dr / Springmount Rd.
- Field survey work continues for UXO, Cultural Heritage and Environmental aspects prior to vegetation clearance in new area.Large population of Plectranthus near WTG#1 was successfully translocated this week.
- Quoll detection dogs now being used to clear areas before construction.Tracking of collared individuals continues.
- 54 pieces of heavy equipment on-site. Personnel averaged 103. 250 people inducted for site.