Construction activity for the week included;
- Tower erection – tower and hub installed at WTG 5. High winds preventing blade install. Base and mid tower section installed at WTG 3, 4 and 9.
- 34 of 53 foundations poured. Excavation and preparation of foundations continuing. Backfilling and earthing of poured foundations continues
- Continuation of earthworks for turbine access roads; approximately 61% of clearance works complete
- Works complete on wind farm substation bench. Construction of substation continuing. Main transformer foundation poured
- Placement of underground cabling continuing
- Works continue on upgrades to Site Entry Road (intersection to site compound)
- UXO, Cultural Heritage and Environmental aspects continue prior to vegetation clearance in new areas. Animal Ethics Committee conducted site visit with positive feedback.
- Component deliveries included blades, hubs and towers.
- 70 pieces of heavy equipment on-site.
- Personnel on-site averaged 185.
- Qld WH&S inspectors attended site – no major issues with small improvements discussed
[pdf-embedder url=”http://mtemeraldwindfarm.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/20171115-MEWF-Weekly-Update.pdf” title=”MEWF Weekly Update 15th November”]