Local procurement has commenced, with:
• Koppens and Mareeba Crane Hire constructing the concrete culvert to protect the irrigation channel during December 2016.
• A new vehicle purchased from Mareeba Toyota, January 2017
• Contracting of the MBarBarrum Aboriginal Corporation to undertake Cultural Heritage surveys and assist with environmental surveys during the entire construction period.
• Gregg Construction providing plant for the establishment of the Depot laydown area at the bottom of the hill, February 2017
• Contracting local Environmental Scientist/consultant Mellissa Jess and her team to undertake fauna and flora surveys, during construction and after operations commence to ensure quolls and other animals are protected, and impacted rare plants are safely translocated on site.
Advertisement of work packages will be on the ICN Gateway: Mt Emerald Wind Farm
Workshops to inform the business community of how to apply for work via the ICN Gateway will be held across the region. The first industry briefing will be:
Date: Wednesday 1st March 2017 Time: Registration: 8:00am Workshop: 8:30am – 2:00pm
Venue: Mareeba Leagues Club Cnr Doyle and Riordan Streets, Mareeba Qld 4880
Cost: $50 (GST Inclusive) per attendee Catering: Morning Tea & Lunch provided
What to bring: A wi-fi enabled laptop computer which: – Is capable of operating on battery for one hour – Contains the latest Internet Explorer or Google Chrome web browser and security permissions enabling you to access the ICN Gateway site Your own Wi-fi dongle / USB (If available)
Register at: www.qmisolutions.com.au/events Places are limited so book early to reserve your seat!